It’s time again for the seasonal food blogging event “In The Bag”, ran by myself and Julia from A Slice of Cherry Pie. For anyone who’s not joined in before, you’re missing a treat!
To take part all you have to do is think of a dish that includes the seasonal ingredient below, post it on your blog, and then email the details across to me (scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com) by the end of the month.
This month’s bag contains:
This month is a special whereby the main ingredient must be any type of game meat; namely, meat from any wild hunted animal. That includes hare, rabbit, pheasants, etc – the choices are endless.
You can add any ingredients you feel like in order to come up with a dish; the aim is to highlight seasonal wild meat (game) whilst having fun. Details below.
Oh, and as a side note make sure to check out the new cookbook “A Slice of Cherry Pie” (released 08/11/2010), written by my In The Bag co-host, Julia Parsons.
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it, then send an email with ‘In the Bag’ in the subject line to scott [AT] realepicurean [DOT] com by Tuesday 30th November with the following information:
– your name
– a link to your post
– a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer.
2. Participants can include any extra ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.