Back in history, a long long time ago, there used to be a seasonal food blogging event called ‘In The Bag’. In this event, food bloggers from around the world would join together in the challenge of cooking a unique dish from the same bag of ingredients. The finished dishes would then be posted on the participants’ individual blogs and also rounded up in an article on either Real Epicurean (that’s here) or A Slice of Cherry Pie.
Well that’s enough about the past; I’ve managed to pull Julia from A Slice of Cherry Pie away from writing her new cookbook to run the same event again, starting this month, September, and running through to mid-October. To take part all you have to do is think of a dish that includes the seasonal ingredients below, post it on your blog, and email the details across to Julia. More details follow.
This month’s bag contains:
You can add any ingredients to these in order to come up with a dish. Have fun!
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it, then send an email with ‘In the Bag’ in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Thursday 14th October with the following information:
– your name
– a link to your post
– a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer.
2. Participants can include any extra ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.