Christmas Salad of Feta and Pomegranate
You guys have made me think twice about the humble pomegranate. Whilst I readily acknowledge that the deep red colour makes it irresistible (and photogenic!) at Christmas, I’ve always found it too fiddly to really bother with. Plenty of you seemed to disagree when I asked about it on Twitter, though, so clearly I’m missing something!
This recipe is part of my new found love of pomegranates; a leafy salad with pomegranates and feta cheese. It’s surprisingly good, and a great festive alternative to all the turkey you’re likely to be eating. We cheated and used a bag of ready bought salad leaves for this (hey, Delia gets away with it), but it would be even better if you made up your own.
Recipe: Christmas Salad of Feta and Pomegranate
This is a great way to bring something a little different to the table at Christmas time.
- 1 Bag of leafy salad OR a selection of your own salad leaves, including Radicchio and Lambs’ Lettuce.
- A handful of chopped feta
- 1 Pomegranate
- Black pepper, to taste
- Start out by preparing your salad; equal portions of any leafy types will work well together, but try and include some bitter varieties in there.
- Next add a handful of chopped feta, the seeds from 1 pomegranate, and about 1/2 the juice.
- Toss lightly then finish with a twist of black pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)