February is a bit of a dull month for food, with the exception of Valentines day – which has already passed us by! In the spirit of cheering us all up, this month’s edition of the seasonal food blogging event “In The Bag” is aimed at creating dishes from ingredients you just have to be happy with.
- Passion Fruit (in the Valentines spirit!)
- White Chocolate
You know the drill by now. In the style of “Ready Steady Cook” (a UK TV program) we give you a bag of ingredients, and you cook a meal using some or all of them. You can include any other ingredients you like, too.
Read on for more info!
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it then send an email with ‘In the Bag’ in the subject line to scott AT realepicurean DOT com by Sunday 08th March with the following information:
- your name
- a link to your post
- a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
- Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
- Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
- Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
- Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
- Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie‘ and ‘Real Epicurean’.