All you have to do is submit a recipe using the ingredients listed in the rules below, so why not join in?
This months host is Julia over at “A Slice of Cherry Pie“.
Make a dish using the ingredients and blog about it then send an email with ‘In the Bag’ in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk by Saturday 31st January with the following information:
- your name
- a link to your post
- a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
- Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
- Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
- Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
- Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
- Particpants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie‘ and ‘Real Epicurean’.