Easy Peasy Baileys Chocolate Truffle Recipe
So here’s the story in brief; my Wife loves Baileys Truffles and expects them every Christmas without fail. I decided that instead of buying them for Christmas I should make them; simple truffles are, after all, the easiest thing in the world, with only a couple of ingredients and no real cooking involved.
This recipe uses dark chocolate, Baileys and double cream, in a “ganache” (chocolate icing) style – and as such could easily be used for that purpose. You could just as easily replace the Baileys with another alcohol of your choice, or even omit it altogether (that is, swap it with an equal amount of cream).
Basically, this is your base point for any number of truffle recipes, simply play around with the ingredients until you find a combination of flavours that work for you. This will make somewhere in the region of 30 truffles.
Recipe: Baileys Chocolate Truffles
Summary: Chocolate truffles are great but these Baileys ones are better. Try it and see!
- 100ml / 0.4 cups Double (Heavy) Cream
- 75ml / 0.3 cups Baileys
- 175g / 6.2oz Dark chocolate (70% cocao solids or above – higher percentage will give a stronger and more adult taste to the truffles)
- Cocoa or icing sugar for coating
- 30+ Cake cases (as picture) – optional
- Chop up the chocolate and place in a large bowl
- Heat the Baileys / cream mixture over a low heat just until it starts to bubble.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour over the chocolate, then stir until smooth. Place bowl in fridge until completely cool – it will set but not hard.
- Remove from fridge and form rough ball shapes with your hands; work fast as it melts quickly. Dip each ball into your chosen coating (icing sugar, cocoa, even melted chocolate) and place into small cake cases (recommended) or onto grease proof paper.
- These are then best placed back in the fridge to re-harden, removed shortly before they are required – for example at the end of a meal to be served as petit fours.
Try swapping the Baileys for another alcohol of your choice. If doing this reduce the quantity a little as Baileys is quite creamy; the one you use instead probably won’t be.
Number of servings (yield): 30