Maple & Pecan Flapjack
Flapjack is really simple to make yet delicious, and everyone seems to make it slightly different. Some people like it with maple syrup, others with golden syrup; some people like it crunchy and others like it chewy.
I reckon that “plain” golden syrup based flapjack can be a bit one dimensional so decided to mix things up a little; golden syrup based with just a hint of autumnal flavour brought by the addition of maple syrup and chopped pecans. It’s just on the border between crunchy and chewy but I love it.
Why not try it and let me know what you think?
Maple & Pecan Flapjack Recipe – Ingredients
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 125g Demerara Sugar
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 50 grams chopped pecans
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
Maple & Pecan Flapjack Recipe – Method
- Grease a 20cm cake tin & pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Melt the butter in a large pan before adding the syrup and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well until combined.
- Pour out into the cake tin and squash down flat so that it covers the base of the tin evenly and flatly.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove and allow to cool.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!