Despite the unexpected but welcome sunshine this weekend Autumn is definitely on its way. In season are various types of fruits including plums, blackberries and apples, with chestnuts making their annual appearance, too.
With this in mind, what better subject matter for our seasonal food blogging event “In The Bag” than the classic combination of fruit and nuts?
All you have to do is create a recipe using your choice of whatever is available locally, blog about it, then email me the link (to scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com ) before the 7th of October. Now who can’t manage to do that?
Details follow below.
Send an email with “In the Bag” in the subject line to scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com (only replacing the stuff in square brackets with real punctuation) by Sunday 05th October with the following information:
- your name
- a link to your post
- the name of your dish
- a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
2. Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie‘ and ‘Real Epicurean’. Now get cracking!