DMBLGIT July 2008
I’m about to go away for a couple of weeks on holiday to Poland to see the in-laws but thought I best tell you about this first…
Those of you who frequent food blogs are bound to have come across the monthly food photography event “Does My Blog Look Good in This” (DMBLGIT for short). Well, I’m pleased to announce that I will be the host for the July 2008 edition – and if its anything like last time it’ll be great!
The idea is a simple one; pick a photo from your blog posted anytime in June, send it to me at scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com before the 27th of July and get included in the roundup. Winners will be selected for each of the categories Aesthetics, Edibility, Originality and Overall Winner. I’ll let you know who the judges are once I sort something out.
Now I’m pretty sure that last month’s host Tartelette won’t mind me doing a little copy and past action with the rules…
Each food blogger can submit one photograph that was posted to their blog during the contest month (June). Photographs are reviewed by a panel of judges, who score them in three categories: edibility, aesthetics, and originality. The host then compiles the scores to determine the winners. The specific things the judges will be looking for are as follows:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
- Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories.
How to participate:
- Only one entry per person (a single photograph, no diptychs)
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must have appeared on your blog during the month of June 2008.
- Entries must be received by July 27, 2008
Send your entry to scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com with DMBLGIT as the subject. Please include the following:
- your name
- your blog’s name and URL
- your photograph’s title
- the URL of the post containing the photograph
- type of camera used, lens if you wish
- Please send photos in an attachment to your email in a jpeg format, of no more than 500 pixels in width
Pingback: Back from Poland… | RealEpicurean.com()