Asparagus, eggs and parmesan; a classic combination, but what would you make with that little lot?
If you think you could come up with something original, we’d love to hear about it.
We’re running a seasonal food blogging event lasting right through to the end of May; all you have to do is create a recipe using the aforementioned ingredients and email it over to me ( scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com ) before the 31st. Easy!
I’ve said it before, but seasonal food is really where its at for freshness and flavour. Asparagus is king throughout May and has the added benefit of making your wee smell. And who could resist that?
Send an email with “In the Bag” in the subject line to scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com (only replacing the stuff in square brackets with real punctuation) by Sunday 31st May with the following information:
- your name
- a link to your post
- the name of your dish
- a picture of your dish
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
2. Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.
‘In The Bag’ is a food event run monthly by ‘A Slice of Cherry Pie‘ and ‘Real Epicurean’.