In The Bag: March
It’s about that time for this month’s seasonal food blogging challenge, “In The Bag”.
The premise is simple; create a dish (or two) from the seasonal food ingredients selected by us and email the link to scott [at] realepicurean [dot] com over before the 29th of March.
This month is a bit of a free for all – so long as you use purple sprouting broccoli we don’t care what else goes in!
For those that don’t know, “In The Bag” is a seasonal food blogging event ran by myself and Julia from “A Slice of Cherry Pie“. Julia has been far more active than me with it lately and I thank her for her great work!
Oh – and don’t forget that we’re still running a competition with Hotel Chocolat to win some free chocolate easter eggs!
Here are the loose rules – but ultimately remember the objective is to have fun whilst highlighting seasonal food:
1. Participants should attempt to use all the ingredients ‘in the bag’ for that particular month, but may leave one out if they prefer. The dish should be based around the seasonal ingredient, with it acting as a central ingredient.
2. Participants can include any “extra” ingredients that they see fit.
3. Entries should include a link back to the host for that month, and the post should be tagged “In the Bag”.
4. Entries can be written any time during the month, as long as the URL is emailed to that month’s host before the closing date.
5. Participants from outside of the UK are most welcome to join in and substitute an item from their own local seasonal produce if necessary.