Dad’s Crab and Lobster Pasta
This pasta dish comes courtesy of my Father, who has a distinct style of food, generally focusing around fish, pasta, and fresh salads. And lots and lots of wine.
I can’t claim the recipe as being entirely original. Almost definitely it first came from TV somewhere, and was changed slightly in the cooking process. I’m changing it a little bit more – but isn’t that what we all do? The art in good cooking is taking an idea and making it your own.
Crab and Lobster Pasta Recipe – Ingredients
- 250g Dried Spaghetti
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 5 Tomatoes (Chopped) – or 1 tin chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Chilli, diced (seeded or unseeded – how you like)
- 1 Glass White Wine
- 200g Lobster Meat
- 200g Crab Meat
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1tbsp Dried Oregano (or a small handful chopped fresh Oregano)
Crab and Lobster Pasta Recipe – Method
- Gently fry Onion and Carrot in Olive Oil until softened but not browned. Add garlic about 5 minutes before the end of this process.
- Add wine, oregano and tomato, and proceed to cook for another 5-10 minutes, until sauce is reduced and thickened. At around the 8 minute mark, add the lemon zest.
- At the same time as the above, cook pasta in boiling and slightly salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add to this the crab and lobster meat and sauce, and stir until well mixed.
And to serve…
Enjoy with a crisp white wine while still hot.