Yorkshire Pudding is a traditional English accompanyment to Sunday Lunch, served typically (by my Mother) with Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, and gravy. Basically, this is a batter cooked in the oven until aerated and crispy.
Yorkshire Pudding Recipe – Ingredients
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 250ml Plain Flour
Yorkshire Pudding Recipe – Method
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Mix together all ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into each section of a purpose made Yorkshire Pudding tray.
- Place in oven until oil is very hot.
- Working quickly, pour oil into the tray sections so they are nearly full to the top.
- Place in oven, and remove when fluffed up and golden brown. DO NOT open the oven to check them, as they will not rise!
And to serve…
Follow our serving suggestion above; serve with Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, Gravy, and a selection of vegetables. Enjoy!