Often in Greece, a good starter is nothing more then good bread, with something nice to dip it into. Tzatziki is probably the most popular (and common) item on Greek menus, and it’s easy to see why. Despite being incredibly simple to make, this is a delicious salad.
Greek Tzatziki Recipe – Ingredients
- 200g Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Small bunch of Chopped Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Greek Tzatziki Recipe – Method
1. In a tea towel, drain the liquid from the cucumber.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
It’s really that simple. You now have a wonderful fresh tasting dip, given a little bite from the garlic, and lifted by the lemon juice. You now need the best dense bread you can find, which is torn in chunks and used to mop up the Tzatziki liberally. Enjoy!