Despite us having a small garden at home, we pride ourselves on the large selection of herbs we have growing there. One of the most prevalent during spring and summer has to be wild rocket; it seems to grow as fast as it can be picked and eaten, and has a fantastic strong and peppery taste that bought rocket just can’t match.
Now it may be nearing the end of summer (judging by the current English weather, it’s already gone), but I headed out to the garden today full of expectations, ready to pick some fresh rocket leaves. To my disappointment the rocket had disappeared, to be replaced by nothing more then green branches, and a handful of bright green (albeit happy, and full) caterpillars.
Oh well. Here’s the recipe as it should be, even if I didn’t get to make it on this occasion!
Wild Rocket Pesto – Recipe
- 100g (3.5 oz) Wild Rocket (yes, you can use normal too)
- 60g (2.1 oz) Pine Kernels
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 60g (2.1 oz) Parmesan Cheese
- 125ml (4.2 fl. oz) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Wild Rocket Pesto – Method
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor, and blitz.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the Olive Oil until a smooth, creamy texture is reached.
And to serve…
Serve with your favourite simply grilled fish, such as salmon or scallops. Enjoy!