Lefse is a ‘typical’ staple of Norway, also eaten in other local countries. It is a kind of potato pancake, and very simple to make, usually served with sugary accompanyments such as jam.
Lefse Recipe – Ingredients
- 900g Mashed Potatoes
- 75g Butter
- 75ml Milk
- 500g Plain Flour
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Lefse Recipe – Method
- Whisk the potatoes with the butter and milk until light and smooth.
- Slowly add the flour while whisking until fully incorporated.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Form balls with the mixture, and then roll out to form rounds of approximately 4cm thick.
- Cook in a NON oiled pan until golden on both sides.
And to serve…
Serve with any sweet ingredient, such as sugar, jam, or syrup. Enjoy!