Lamingtons are a traditional Australian cake, coated in chocolate and dusted with coconut, usually served with afternoon tea.
For ease (simplicity of the recipe), we’ve assumed here that you’ve already baked the sponge cake required, or even bought one ready made from a supermarket.
Australian Lamingtons – Ingredients
- 500g Plain Sponge Cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cocao Powder
- 325g Icing Sugar
- 6 tbsp Boiled Water (not boiling – boil 5 minutes prior to use)
- 115g Dessicated Coconut
- Vanilla Essense
Australian Lamingtons Recipe – Method
1. Melt butter over a low heat.2. Mix cocao powder with hot water.
3. Add cocao liquid to butter, and while stirring, slowly add (sifted) icing sugar and a few drops of vanilla essense.
4. Dip cake squares in chocolate icing.
5. Dip chocolate covered cake squares in desicated coconut.
And To Serve…
You’re done already! Sit down for afternoon tea, and when the cakes are cool, offer out to your guests on a large plate. Enjoy!