Humus (Hummus, or Humous) is a popular dip in Greece, Turkey, and many other countries around the Middle East, made from Chickpeas with Tahini (creamed Sesame Seeds).
We had this on our honeymoon (in Crete) and loved it with the best crusty bread available. This recipe is the closest we can find to the authentic Greek taste.
Humus Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 100g Tahini
- Olive Oil
Humus Recipe – Method
- Drain the liquid from the chickpeas.
- Slowly puree the chickpeas, adding the lemon juice.
- Add the tahini, and continue to puree.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slowly mix in olive oil until a suitable “dipping” consistency is reached.
And to serve…
Serve with your favourite Greek or Turkish dishes, and crusty white bread. Enjoy!