This is traditional Australian Bush Tucker, and was a type of bread cooked in burnt camp fire ashes. There are no 2 recipes alike for this bread, but all follow the same simple theme. This is very easy to make.
Australian Damper Bread – Ingredients
330 grams Self-raising Flour
90 grams Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Salt
Australian Damper Bread Recipe – Method
1. Preheat oven to 210c, and lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, leaving a well in the centre.
3. Mix butter, water and milk, and add to the mixing bowl.
4. Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry, until just combined.
5. Turn out onto floured surface, and knead until smooth.
6. Form a ball, then flatted this onto the baking tray, to form a circle. Brush with milk.
7. Cook for 40 minutes, or until the surface is hardened.
Cut or tear into chunks, and drizzle with Golden Syrup. Enjoy!