This is a dish which was passed to us by an Italian who described it as a typical Italian appetiser, although strangely, he couldn’t think of a name for it!. It uses all the traditional flavours you’d expect, to create something symbolic of Italian cooking, while remaining both light and fresh at the same time.
Baked Corguette Recipe – Ingredients
- 4 Corguettes, cut lengthways into strips approx 3mm thick.
- Passata (sieved tomato, available in supermarkets).
- 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Breadcrumbs (stale bread, grated)
- Chopped Parsley.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste.
Baked Corguette Recipe – Method
- Drizzle the bottom of an oven proof dish with olive oil.
- Place the corguette in the dish, then spoon a over little passata, smoothing with the back of the spoon.
- Grate the garlic over the corguette, then sprinkle with the parsley. Finally top everything with the breadcrumbs.
- Top with a little more olive oil, then bake in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees) until golden brown.
And To Serve…
Place onto plates while still hot. Follow up with any Italian recipe from this website, and wash down liberally with red wine. Enjoy!